TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Acceptance to Terms & Conditions:
Receipt of your initial trip deposit constitutes your agreement to the below terms and conditions including the Consumer Disclosure Notice, During and Post Covid-19 update, along with change and cancellation fees. Creating Travel Dreams will advise at time quote if any additional non-refundable fees are applicable based on the type of itinerary requested.
All pricing provided is a quote and subject to change until a reservation is paid in full. While many suppliers will confirm pricing once the deposit has been applied, some products may be subject to supplemental price increases that may be imposed after the date of purchase. Post-purchase price increases may be applied due to additional costs imposed by a supplier or government. These additional charges will be processed by Creating Travel Dreams, LLC to offset increased fees, fuel surcharges, taxes, fluctuations in foreign exchange markets or any combination thereof.
Creating Travel Dreams LLC is not the source or supplier of the travel services and acts solely as an agent for the actual suppliers of such services. The suppliers whose names appear in the information provided to me are those who are actually responsible for providing the travel services purchased. I consent to an request the use of those suppliers and agree not to hold Creating Travel Dreams, LLC responsible should any of these suppliers: (1) fail to provide the travel services I have purchased; (2) fail to comply with any applicable law; or (3) engage in any negligent act or omission that causes any sort of injury, damage, delay or inconvenience. As a consumer, I accept that Creating Travel Dreams, LLC is not responsible for, nor will I attempt to hold it liable for, any injury, damage or loss I may suffer on account of any conditions, actions or omissions that are beyond its reasonable control.
- It is the sole responsibility of the traveler to meet all necessary travel requirements prior to departure, including but not limited to obtaining passports, proper entry visas and medical vaccinations. Passports are required for all US Citizens traveling outside of the country including cruises. IMPORTANT: Passports need to be valid at least 6 months after your return travel date.
- If a passenger is traveling on a passport from a country other than the United States of America, it is the travelers’ responsibility to provide this information to Creating Travel Dreams, LLC.
- Creating Travel Dreams, LLC will provide a secured link for travelers to upload passports to. It’s important for our team to have copies of each travelers’ passport to ensure that name spellings, dates of birth, and gender match the travel reservation. If passports are not supplied to Creating Travel Dreams, LLC any and all fees including but not limited to passport corrections and supplier cancellations due to a misspelled name is solely the travelers’ responsibility. Passport and visa information may be obtained by contacting the Travel Agent Section of the U.S. State Department at 202-647-5225 or by visiting the State Department’s website at: travel.state.gov
- Children under age 18 traveling outside of the United States without being accompanied by both legal parents and/or guardians will need to have a Permission to Travel form notarized by the non-traveling parent(s).
- The Real ID Act for travel within the United States (for US citizens) is scheduled to begin on October 1, 2021. Travelers are required to present a driver’s license or another form of identification that complies with the requirements of the Federal Real ID Act (see www.dhs.gov/real-id for more information).
- Beginning in 2022, the European Travel Information and Authorization System (ETIAS) is expected to be operating. Travelers holding US Passports (along with passports from many other countries) will be required to have ETIAS authorization which is an added security measure for those traveling to the European Union (Schengen Countries).
- Travel to many parts of the world may involve risk of a variety of hazards to health and/or safety, including but not limited to disease, crime, terrorism, and warfare. Because each traveler’s risk tolerance is different, Creating Travel Dreams, LLC is not in a position to advise whether one should travel to any particular place at any particular time. Rather, to assist travelers in making informed decisions, the traveler should refer to objective third-party sources of travel information, such as that maintained by the U.S. Department of State (travel.state.gov).
- It is recommended that travelers enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step/ as this will provide travelers with important information and alerts regarding the traveler’s destination.
From time to time a service or product that is purchased through a supplier may not be available at time of travel. Forece majeure is included which may involve scenarios such as (but not limited to) pandemic, natural catastrophes, rail maintenance, road maintenance or road closures due to special events, city or government closures of museums and/or monuments, etc. Recourse may be available through the Travel Insurance supplier.
Cash/Check/Debit Card Payment Implications
Clients who pay by cash, check or debit card have essentially no protection under federal law if services are not received or provided by the vendor. Payments made via credit card are strongly recommended. Generally, the traveler will have some options available with regard to payment of the credit card bill if they do not receive the travel services which they paid for by credit card. Federal law provides certain protections to credit card holders with regard to charges for services not provided. In the event that a supplier does not provide the services paid for, the credit card holder must dispute any such charges, in writing, within 60 days of the purchase in most instances, in order to notify the credit card issuer that the services were not received. Federal law requires that the notification be in writing in order to protect the credit card holder. The Federal Trade Commission publishes “Fair Credit Billing” guidelines on their website as located at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0219-disputing-credit-card-charges.
Creating Travel Dreams, LLC strongly recommends the purchase of travel insurance to help protect the travelers’ investment. Purchasing a travel insurance policy not associated with the supplier provides for the best protection in case of financial insolvency and/or bankruptcy. If travel insurance is not purchased by the traveler, written notification is required by Creating Travel Dreams, LLC in order to release travel documents.
Credit Card Charge Disputes:
Creating Travel Dreams, LLC will do everything in our power to advocate for you, the traveler, if there is an issue with travel related services. Payment is authorized via a secured payment link agreeing to the acceptance of the credit card charges. Should a credit card dispute be set in motion by the card holder, the supplier most often will take legal/financial action against Creating Travel Dreams, LLC in the amount of the dispute. Acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes your agreement to not dispute credit card charges. Should a dispute continue, Creating Travel Dreams, LLC will take legal action against the card holder for breach of contract and will terminate the client-travel advisor relationship.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE NOTICE
Creating Travel Dreams, LLC, Affiliate of Andavo Travel strongly recommends that its clients pay for all travel plans by credit card as credit card companies provide the best possible form of consumer protection against the loss of funds due to supplier bankruptcy.
Please understand that whether a client pays by credit card, cash, check, or debit card Creating Travel Dreams, LLC will not be held financially liable for the failure of a travel supplier to completely provide their services to you, whether due to weather, labor problems, mechanical issues, terrorism, diseases, political unrest, governmental rulings, acts of war, careless actions, cessation of services or other unforeseen circumstances.
To cover many of the issues that might prevent a travel supplier from completely providing their services to you (including potential of financial default or bankruptcy), Creating Travel Dreams, LLC strongly suggests the purchase of travel insurance. While no one travel insurance company can cover all circumstances, Creating Travel Dreams, LLC does offer its clients access to several reputable travel insurance companies. Please read any travel insurance policies carefully and if you have any questions, please call the travel insurance company for clarification, since they have the final word on what is covered by a claim and what is not. Information regrading travel insurance will be provided for the traveler to review the coverage details and policy. In this era of economic and political uncertainty, Creating Travel Dreams, LLC encourages its clients to protect their hard-earned travel funds by using their credit cards and purchasing travel insurance.
DURING AND POST COVID-19 TRAVEL:
- Airlines are requiring passengers to wear face masks. Exceptions will be made for young children and those who have a condition that prevents them from wearing one.
- Temperature checks may be done upon arriving to the airport, at the departure gate, and/or upon arrival to your destination. Longer connections are recommended.
- Passport offices closed down during the Covid-19 outbreak. As the country begins it’s phased re-opening, passport offices will resume processing applications. Processing times will be longer than normal over the next year. If you do not receive your passport in time you will not be able to travel. You will be under normal penalties and travel insurance does not provide coverage for not receiving your passport in time.
- Destinations in the Caribbean, Mexico and within the United States are beginning to re-open in June 2020. Each country will esablish their own guidelines as they slowly re-open which could change at any time.
- If resort/border closures would occur again, your options will be determined by the supplier. While each supplier and airline are different, in general the policy has been that they will offer a voucher for future travel. If a refund is an option, Creating Travel Dreams, LLC will work to secure any availalbe refunds first.
- As countries re-open, it does not guarantee that international flights will operate as each country has the right to determine what countries they will allow tourism from.
- Airlines may make additional schedule changes based on how full their planes are. This can occur at any time.
- Many airlines have suspended in flight food and beverage services. It’s best to double check your specific airline prior to departure. Passengers are able to take food and drinks purchased at the airport onboard the aircraft.
- The airlines have been lenient by waiving change fees.
- Some airlines are blocking out the middle seats for social distancing. This policy is based per airline and can change at anytime.
- During the current Covid outbreak, some destinations may require either a Covid-19 test or a travel authorization/medical assessment to be completed within 72-hours of your departure. Travelers may be required to take additional Covid-19 tests or be monitored by medical professionals once arriving to the destination. Countries may require travel insurance to be purchased that provides emergency medical coverage. Should the traveler decline travel insurance, Creating Travel Dreams, LLC will not be liable if proper medical insurance is not purchased; insurance is offered to all travelers and each destination may amend their requirements at any time.
- Travelex Insurance no longer offers a cancel for any reason plan.
- Travel Insurance does NOT cover fear of travel, border or resort closures.
- Supplier default ~ travel insurance must be purchased and in effect and assigned to your specific trip/travel dates for a minimum of 14 days prior to a supplier advising of financial difficulties to be covered.
- Should the traveler need to be quarantined or contract the virus while traveling (and certified by a physician), you are eligible for trip cancellation/interruption coverage.